Unicat Expedition Vehicle MAN L2000
An expedition vehicle type Unique MAN L2000 8.224 LAEC, the above switchable four-wheel drive, Differential locks and reduction features, After an intensive search for our motorhome.
What is an expedition vehicle?
Expedition vehicles are off-road camper vans, which is characterized by a robust construction, distinguish good off-road capability and all-wheel drive.
The four-wheel vehicles of well-known manufacturers – such as. Archemobil, Unique, Action Mobil etc. – have well insulated fiberglass cabins, a strong heating, high-quality interior, plenty of storage space and large supply tanks. An intermediate frame with a corresponding storage protects the GRP construction before tensions, incurred by the interleaving of the chassis.
The base vehicle is usually the truck chassis of known manufacturers MAN, Mercedes, Volvo etc. used or even the Unimog.
With such an offroad vehicle sufficient reserves remain, around on gravel roads, secluded slopes and to be able to move safely in the terrain. Therefore, these vehicles will also arrange expeditions, World travel and adventure trips through Africa, Asia, North America, South America and Europe used.
Considerations for selecting the vehicle type
Our desire vehicle should the one hand, be large enough, to us on the road to be able to provide some comfort, On the other hand compact and terrain, to travel independently and safely even outlying regions can.
We had set the following features as a condition of the vehicle, since these are hardly retrofitted.
- Proven base vehicle
- Four-wheel drive with locking
- sufficiently large supply tanks
- quality, safe construction
- Passage structure / cab
- Bett holidays (no rebuilding!)
- Kitchenette with stove, fridge, Sink
- good heating / large hot water boiler
- separate shower / toilet room
- plenty of storage space
These criteria specific vehicle minimum size and implicitly contained features of our motor home. Andere An- and fittings can also be retrofitted if necessary. Modded SUV or four-wheel RVs therefore not come into question. Only an all-terrain vehicle on the basis of a truck chassis meets these criteria.
Unicat Expedition Vehicle MAN L2000 8.224 LAEC
Our choice fell on an expedition vehicle of the company UNICAT. The most important technical data in a brief overview:
- MAN L2000 8.224 Lecca 4 × 4
- Inline 6-cylinder turbodiesel
- 6.871 ccm, 162 kW/220 PS
- 6-Gang EATON gearbox
- 2-Speed transfer case
- Four-wheel drive, switchable
- Differential locks, front / rear
- Additional pneumatic suspension front
- Tyres 365/80 R 20, tubeless
- Tankkapazität 520 Liter (2 Tanks)
- Dimensions: 635x238x335 cm (LxWxH)
- Top speed: ca. 120 km/h
- Zul. Total weight: 7.490 kg
- 440 Liter of drinking water in 2 Tanks
- 220 Liters of wastewater- / 80 Liter waste tank
- 30 Liter hot water tank
- Water filtration system
- Separate shower- and toilet area
- 9 kW hot-water central heating
- 2× 11 kg gas bottles
- Batteries: 2 Piece 12 In / 255 Ah
- Solar water heater 332 Wp
- 230V / 2.5KW inverters
- Festes Bett 140cm x 200cm
- 3-Burner Gas Stove
- fridge 130 Liter with *** - freezer
- Bonocar window, Lewmar skylights
- Interior dimensions: 448x224x195 cm (LxWxH)
Here are a few pictures around the expedition vehicle.
We have our expedition truck to the name Gecko baptized, because even geckos in many climates the ground well to cope and even geckos are true climbers.
Further information on the expedition vehicle
the large distract him.”